African Register of Exercise Professionals – AREPS is an independent register of fitness trainers and exercise professionals. Founded in 2020 and officially registered in 2021.
AREPS has been established to professionalize the fitness and physical activity sector through provision of a system of regulation for instructors and trainers to ensure that they meet the global health and fitness industry’s agreed standards.
AREPS serves to protect individuals who take part in exercise and physical activity and provides assurance and confidence to the public and employers that all professionals on the register are appropriately qualified and have the knowledge, competence and skills to perform their role effectively.
AREPS will increase the trust, confidence and credibility of the fitness and physical activity industry and will ensure fitness services are offered in a high quality, healthy, safe and ethical environment.
- Work collaboratively to promote standards and professionalism in the fitness industry
- Contribute towards the prevention of obesity and other diseases
- Increase recognition of the sector
- Grow the industry (business performance, member retention, training sector)
- Promote physical activity and fitness from an early age
- Become a leader in global fitness industry
- Ensure the qualifications and competence of the fitness instructors in the industry support safe and effective practice of exercise and promote health and well-being.
Gym & Fitness Club Business Tips
- Gyms ‘BLIND REVENUE’ Effect
- GYM LOCATION COMES FIRST….
- SET RIGHT SYSTEM, HAVE A GOOD BUSINESS CULTURE
- HOW MUCH SHOULD YOU SPEND ON RENT & LABOUR
- UNDERSTANDING GYM BUSINESS